Fall of 2007 brought much the same as usual. I plan, practice and prepare a very large program in an effort to honor the Veterans of our country. It has ballooned into quite a production and I hope my ultimate goal of teaching our youth about patriotism and who we need to honor when we celebrate our freedom is being acheived. Many Veterans from our school's families attend and they even speak to classes. With a group of approximately 175 students, it takes a lot of effort and time and by the time it is over, I am usually very "spent!" so to speak. The best part of the entire program is our song, "Salute to the Armed Forces" where we sing each branch's song and to see older citizens stand proudly often with tears in their eyes and singing through those tears is a lesson to the kids......but then to see young choir students sing their hearts out with tears in their eyes is even more a sign that hopefully a seed of appreciation has been planted! What a precious experience for all!!!
1 comment:
Great program again this year SR! My family and I look forward to it every year!
SL
Post a Comment