Saturday, June 2, 2007

Empty Nesters and Life is Good!

WOW! School is out !!! I just finished my 5th year of teaching in Frisco and I can't believe it. I never thought I would leave Lubbock and my comfort zone, but life throws us curves and from those curves come positive changes! Grandkids are starting to fill our lives all around us from West Texas to Dallas and that is great. Great does not even describe that part of your life as a grandparent. I will ponder on this from time to time to find a better word.

Karla, my 4th child to graduate from college, is in Austin floating around on some cloud!!! Not sure what she will do, she is just loving not having to think about finished school. My mom, who I call Granny Hill, would be quite proud of this fact because she was raised in the Great Depression and overcame a miserable childhood to get 2 degrees the hard way. Her Masters degree took her 15 summers to complete and so, as I think about Karla taking a few more years in school, I revert back to how proud Granny would have been of her even if it took her 15 years!!!! So, my cup runneth over with pride in all of them for their accomplishments and the young ladies and gents that they have become. What a gift from above!!!

No comments: